What is Libero Canto?
● There is a way to easily make a good and elegant voice.
● Libero Canto means "free singing".
● This is a singing method developed by Professor L. Szamosi of the University of Music and Performing Arts in Vienna in the middle of the 20th century.
● It was once evaluated in Rome as "the orthodox bel canto singing method that we forgot."
● Since 1977, his son, Professor E. Szamosi, has inherited this activity and has developed it mainly in Vienna and New York.
● Libero Canto The International Vocal Society has been held in Italy, Vienna, New York, etc.
The 4th meeting was held in Vienna from Wednesday, February 19th to Sunday, February 23rd, 2020.
●Libero Canto Conference (International Vocal Society) has been held in Italy, Vienna, New York, etc. has been held.
4th meeting :Held in Vienna from February 19 (Wed) to 23 (Sun), 2020
5th meeting: May 23, 2021 (Sun) NY time 10:00-18:00 (Japan time 5/23, 23:00-5/24, 7:00)
Online meeting on Zoom
Libero Canto and Satoshi Hasegawa
Satoshi Hasegawa has studied under both professors in Vienna since 1973. After studying abroad, I have been receiving singing and teaching methods in Vienna every year for many years, and I am trying to spread this method as one of the few successors certified by both professors.
And we have produced many excellent vocalists and music teachers such as the winners of the Verdy International Competition.
From Satoshi Hasegawa's blog
・ Singing and teaching methods
・ Weakness method
・ About breathing
In Libero Canto
First, remove the bad habits of each person when singing.
And I will sing with the energy of breath that is naturally comfortable, without doing anything such as holding, supporting, holding, enthusiastic, aiming for sound or voice, which is common in classical vocal music.
By training the light and bright throat mechanism and freeing the body to work, rather than force, the song will be understood correctly and the singer's body will emerge.
Libero Canto Japan
The secretariat is located in Kugenuma, Fujisawa City, Kanagawa Prefecture.
We are working with LiberoCanto singing performers in New York, Vienna and Florence to develop this singing style.
It is summarized by Satoshi Hasegawa, who inherited from L. Szamosi and E. Szamosi.
Libero Canto Singing School ~ in NewYork ~
I am educating Libero Canto in New York.
Deborah Kerr Michael, who inherited from E. Szamosi, is the center.